Working with us
Our people are at the heart of our business.
All of our activities and decisions are driven by our values and are integral to our sustainability pillars, Healthy Business, Healthy Salmon, Healthy People, Healthy Communities and Healthy Environment.
We are proud of our provenance, bringing together our cultural differences to raise sustainable, nutritional salmon, with full value chain integrity.
- We understand, embrace and promote our cultural differences
- We are united, proactively promoting diversity and the value we all bring to the success of the business
- We have a responsibility to the wider supply chain, and the world population, to sustainably supply healthy and nutritious food for the growing population
- We have responsibilities and we are confident in taking accountability for our actions to deliver our national and international commitments
We celebrate our passion for our business and our people, who go above and beyond to accomplish our shared purpose, together. This is our competitive advantage.
- We are innovative, determined to drive efficiencies in our business, surpassing customer expectations in delivering outstanding quality, value and service
- We are persistent in setting, meeting and delivering the highest standards and best practise
- We create positive working environments and relationships – with passion we nurture ideas, inspire excellence and eliminate obstacles
- We celebrate our collective and individual efforts, embracing our shared values
We respect and care for our natural environment, each other, our employees and our local communities in which we live and work – sustainability is at the heart of everything we do.
- We show empathy and act with humility.
- We respect our customers, partners, colleagues and our environment, conducting ourselves to the highest level of integrity, care and fairness
- We listen, learn and collaborate – working in partnership internally, with our supply chain and communities
- We lead by example communicating openly and transparently
Apprenticeship to Expert Programme
We are committed to developing and investing in our employees through our industry leading Aquaculture Competency Framework for our Marine and Freshwater teams.
Our Competency Framework provides a clear route for progression and reward structure.
The framework is invaluable in delivering fair and consistent performance standards across our marine and freshwater operations. These standards are unique to our business model and identify and support our strong commitment to employee development. Relevant, comprehensive and quality training to support sustainable business growth. Striving to give our teams the right support and development opportunities to achieve the required competencies for their role.
Skills, Competencies & Professional Development
Our training ethos is based on ensuring all our employees have the knowledge and skills required to carry out their jobs to the highest health & safety, food hygiene and fish welfare standards. We are also proud to support our teams in developing personally.
Our commitment to training is demonstrated in the delivery of over 1,700 training courses in 2021, supporting the development of employees across our full supply chain.
We are fully committed to investing in personal growth and development, and recognise that further education, training and study is an important part of your journey and continued development.
To ensure that we remain at the forefront of skills development we are actively involved in industry technical expert groups, shaping and influencing aquaculture competency-based qualifications.
A number of our employees are actively engaged with our education and industry partners, including the STEM ambassadors network, Developing the Young Workforce, LANTRA, Scottish Aquaculture Innovation Centre, North Atlantic Fisheries College and the University of Highlands & Islands.
“Aquaculture is a new, ever-changing industry and at Bakkafrost Scotland there are endless opportunities.”
Alongside our excellent professional development support, you can also expect:
- A competitive salary with regular reviews
- Share Bonus Programme
- A market-leading pension
- Non-contributory life insurance and individual critical illness cover
- The option to buy or sell holidays
- Opportunities in the most beautiful locations and enhanced relocation support
- A commitment to safety and an excellent Occupational Health Service
- Access to a tempting package of benefits and everyday discounts at a local and national level, designed to make your money stretch further
- Role specific benefit packages including a discretionary welcome payment in hard-to-recruit areas
Looking for a fresh challenge
As a major employer with 60 sites across the West Coast of Scotland and Hebridean Islands, we respect the role that salmon farming plays in the remote and rural areas in which we operate. We are committed to providing quality employment, development opportunities for all employees and engaging with local schools and communities.